As if they aren’t enough things to struggle with when it comes to writing…now add in a routine. LOL
For all your writing goals, achieving them begins from the morning routine. I get up every single day at 4:45 am. Establishing a morning routine for your writing process is one of the most effective ways to improve the quality and quantity of your writing.
Different people have suggested different hacks for increasing the output of your writing. Some think you should write morning pages. Some work best at night, while some think it is safer to write when you feel inspired to. However, if you are a morning bird like me, this post would be most helpful to you. To convince you, many famous writers down the history are campaigners for a morning writing routine.
Waking early in the morning is very important for our wellbeing, It is also great for keeping a writing routine. You are able to free your mind of the clutter of ideas in the calm morning atmosphere. Furthermore, routine generally helps you build self-discipline.
Below are five morning routine ideas you can add to your arsenal to improve your writing skills.
1. Journal. Create a private space for yourself where you are able to express how you feel and what you think without any fear of judgment or criticism. Write down your expectations. Track your writing progress.
2. Read someone else’s work that you admire. You certainly have an author that inspires you. Spend your morning motivating yourself with their piece of writing. You may also want to write a review of their work, as well.
3. Review feedback from your previous works.
4. Edit your previous piece. Find creative ways to implement change in your written piece.
5. Write. Are you finishing a novel, writing a blog posts or article? The morning is the best time to start!
One thing you can’t do is procrastinate or make excuses. Get up early and GET. IT. DONE. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr